Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And Then There Were Ducks

Credit: Erin Podolak

Today I took a walk on the lake front to get some pictures to go with the article on toxins in the lakes that I wrote for my J800 class. I walked for over two hours and gave myself blisters and I ended up mostly taking pictures of ducks.  Good job Erin. 

Although, there is something to be said for simply getting outside and going for a walk. I've found that Madison has a lot of good walking trails right near campus that offer you a way to get out and be in semi-natural surroundings without having to go far from the UW campus.


At least they ducks are cute, and I did take a few shots that I can use for my article, mostly warning signs for toxic algae blooms. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea that journalists are supposed to now be able to do all of their own multimedia to accompany their articles. I don't mind taking pictures because I've always liked photography but I definitely couldn't make some of the graphs and maps that you see accompanying articles. I guess I'll have to learn to keep up in this business though, and something tells me my ducks certainly won't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment